November 5th, 2010
7 Marathons, in 7 Days, on 7 Continents
We all have our own personal "bucket list" of things we'd like to do before we die. Some of us want to skydive, pet a giraffe, or learn to paint. Others desire to do something unique, and perhaps unthinkable.
SOLE UK sponsored athlete, Marie-Louise Stenild, is in the midst of doing something unthinkable. She is on a quest to run 7 marathons, on 7 continents, in 7 consecutive days (referred to as the “7x7x7”). Once successfully completed today (Friday, November 5th), Marie-Louise will be the first woman in the world to complete such a difficult task.
Maria-Louise is running for Adam Rogers Trust, an organization that raises money to help care for kids with cancer, as well as assisting adults with learning difficulties.
As I write this, she is preparing to run the 7th and final of the seven marathons. Thus far, she has completed a marathon on 6 continents, within 6 days:
- October 30th – Falklands (Antarctica) Successfully completed
- October 31st – Santiago, Chile (South America) Successfully completed
- November 1st – Los Angeles, USA (North America) Successfully completed
- November 3rd – Sydney (Australia) Successfully completed
- November 3rd /4th (night run) – Singapore (Asia) Successfully completed
- November 4/5 (night run) - Cairo, Egypt (Africa) Successfully completed
- November 5th - London, UK (Europe)
Here's a fascinating clip documenting her run while in North America:
London anxiously awaits Marie-Louise's arrival and to cheer her on to the final finishing line. Best of luck, and well done Marie-Louise!
To keep up on Marie-Louise's journey, visit her blog at: 7x7x7.co.uk/blog.html
Comments are now closed for this Entry.